Ginger Oil CO2
This essential oil of Ginger (Zingiber officinale) produced by high-pressure extraction with natural carbon dioxide, with the spicy, warming and invigorating scent of ginger.
However, Ginger CO2 is extracted in such a way that it also contains gingerols and shogaol, compounds that contribute to the sharp, pungent smell and taste of fresh ginger. The aroma of our Ginger CO2 extract is spicy and warm, very dense and more complex than that of distilled Ginger – it smells just like the freshly harvested root. Ginger CO2 is a pale yellow to greenish yellow oil and is quite potent, so it is best to use it in low percentages.
Zingiber officinale is native to the tropical coastal locales of India and is cultivated in most tropical and subtropical regions: Jamaica, southwest India, Indochina, Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon).
Blends well with Bergamot oil and other Citrus oils, Caraway, cardamom, cedarwood, cinnamon, clove, coriander, eucalyptus frankinsence, geranium. Used in perfumery to introduce warmth and certain nuances of spicy sweetness which are often wanted in heavy Oriental bases
- Product Details
- Botanical name: Zingiber officinale
- Origin: India
- Crop Season: January – April
- Plant/part used: Roots
- Method of extraction: CO2 extraction
- TSCA CAS: 8007-08-7
- EINECS: 283-634-2
- Appearance: Pale yellow to greenish yellow
- Organoleptic Properties: Warm, spicy, ginger notes
- Density: 0.885 – 0.900 @25ºC
- Refractive index: 1.485 – 1.500 @20ºC
- Optical rotation: 45º to -15º
- Chemical constituents: Camphene, alpha-Franesesne, beta-sesquiphellandrene, Zingiberene, beta-Bisabolene