Patchouli oil is produced by steam distillation of the dried leaves of Pogostemon Cablin.
The plant is native to tropical regions of Asia, and is now extensively cultivated in China, Indonesia, India, Malaysia, Mauritius, Taiwan, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam, as well as West Africa.
Indonesia is the world’s largest producer of patchouli, accounting for over 80% of the global market. Patchouli is a perennial species that thrives in warm tropical climates. Current annual production volumes are around 1,000-1,200MT with market demand calculated to be around the same.
Over recent years there has been a shift in regional supplies of patchouli between the different islands of Indonesia. Historically we have associated Java and Sumatra with our patchouli but today Sulawesi represents around 80% of total raw material available.
Ultra with PT Van Aroma as our production partner are the world’s largest exporter and producer of Indonesian Patchouli Oil.
Available grades include ‘Dark’, ‘Light’ (iron free) and ‘M.D.’ (molecular distilled) with P.A. (patchouli alcohol) content ranging from 29PA – 34PA.
- Product Details
- Product Enquiry
- List of product Files
- Botanical name: Pogostemon cablin
- Origin: Indonesia
- Crop Season: All Year
- Plant/part used: Leaves
- Method of extraction: Steam Distillation
- TSCA CAS: 8014-09-3
- EINECS CAS: 84238-39-1
- EINECS: 282-493-4
- INCI Name: Pogostemon cablin oil
- Appearance: Brownish orange to clear depending on grade
- Organoleptic Properties: Woody, old wood, dry, earthy, weed, balsamic, spicy, minty
- Density: 0.950 – 0.975
- Refractive index: 1.505 – 1.515
- Optical rotation: -48° to -65°
- Chemical constituents: Patchouli alcohol, Alpha-Bulnesene, Alpha-Guaiene, Caryophyllene, Alpha-Gurjunene pogestol
- REACH: Registered
To ask us a fair quote for this product, please fill the following form:
List of product Files
- Elementary – Patchouli
- SDS – Light
- SDS – Dark
- SDS – M.D.
- Technical Data Sheet – Light
- Technical Data Sheet – M.D.
- Technical Data Sheet – Dark