Blue Chamomile Oil
Chamomile is native to Europe, northern and western Asia, and North Africa.
This particular chamomile is the ‘German’ type Matricaria chamomilla (L.). It is high is azulene (also referred to as chamazulene) which gives this particular chamomile fantastic anti-inflammatory benefits. Matricaria chamomilla also contains Alpha Bisabolol, Bisabolol Oxide-A & B and Bisabolene Oxide-A.
It is often used as a flavouring, especially in herbal teas and as a common raw material in perfumery. Its olfactory properties can be described as sweet, smoky, floral, fruity apple and herbal, which add a warm base to any fragrance.
Aromatherapists suggest it for calming, healthy joints, restful sleeps and a natural support for healthy skin and beauty.
As a medicinal ingredient German Chamomile can be used for travel sickness, hay fever, ADHD, restlessness, stomach cramps, colic and menstrual cramps.
- Product Details
- Botanical name: Matricaria chamomilla (L.)
- Origin: Nepal
- Crop Season: December – February
- Plant/part used: Herb/ dried flowers
- Method of extraction: Distillation
- TSCA CAS: 8002-66-2
- EINECS CAS: 84082-60-0
- EINECS: 282-006-5
- INCI Name: Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) flower oil
- Appearance: Deep blue to bluish green mobile liquid
- Organoleptic Properties: Herbal sweet medicinal phenolic fruity
- Density: 0.892-0.912
- Refractive index: 1.440-1.450
- Chemical constituents: Farnescene, Bisabolol, Bisabolol oxide, Di cyclo ether, Germacrene
- Fragrance usage: max. 0.6%