Often referred to as ‘Rose Geranium Oil’ this is one of the most important and most commonly used ingredients in perfumery.
China is the world’s largest producer with the concentration of production in the Yunnan Provence. It is easy to grow in this region with some farms able to harvests 4 times a year if conditions are favourable. It is estimated production levels are around 80-110 MT per annum with 20-30 MT consumed internally, the balance exported.
France and the USA are cited as the world’s largest importers; however, it is assumed that France is the biggest consumer (for fine fragrance).
Chinese geranium is rich in ‘citronellol’, accounting for just over 40% of the oil. Despite it’s higher prices in today’s market it is still the most sought after quality because of this fact. Other origins like Egypt contain 25% less citronellol.
Based on unconfirmed data China’s geranium exports can be summarised as follows:
- Product Details
- Product Enquiry
- List of product Files
- Botanical name: Pelargonium graveolens
- Origin: China
- Crop Season: May – September
- Plant/part used: Flower
- Method of extraction: Steam distillation
- TSCA CAS: 8000-46-2
- EINECS CAS: 90082-51-2
- EINECS: 290-140-0
- INCI Name: Pelargonium graveolens flower oil
- Appearance: Yellowish brown to green liquid
- Organoleptic Properties: Floral, green, rosy, minty, dil
- Density: 0.882 – 0.899
- Refractive index: 1.455 -1.475
- Optical rotation: -7º to -14º
- Chemical constituents: Citronellol, Citronellyl acetate, Geraniol, Isomenthone, Linalool
- Fragrance usage: max. 12%
- Flavour usage: max 50 ppm
- IFRA: Restricted by IFRA
- Allergens: Contains fragrance allergens
To ask us a fair quote for this product, please fill the following form:
List of product Files
- GC Profile
- Technical Data Sheet
- Allergen Certificate
- IFRA Certificate