Frankincense oil is a natural essential oil that is derived from the resin of the Boswellia tree. The oil is extracted through steam distillation and has a complex chemical composition, consisting of various terpenoids and sesquiterpenes. These compounds give frankincense oil its unique aroma and therapeutic properties.
Frankincense oil has been used for centuries in traditional medicine to treat various ailments, such as respiratory infections, digestive disorders, and skin conditions. It has also been used for religious and spiritual purposes, particularly in the Middle East, where it is believed to have purifying and grounding properties.
Studies suggest that frankincense oil may have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer effects, making it useful for managing chronic diseases, such as arthritis and cancer. It may also have positive effects on mental health, reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Frankincense oil can be used topically or inhaled through aromatherapy. It is often used in skincare products to promote healthy skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and scars.
However, caution should be exercised when using frankincense oil, as it may cause skin irritation or allergic reactions in some people. It is recommended to dilute the oil before application and to avoid using it during pregnancy.
Overall, frankincense oil has a range of potential therapeutic benefits that make it a valuable natural remedy for health and wellness concerns. Its traditional use and modern scientific research highlight the potential of this essential oil for improving physical and mental well-being.
- Product Details
- List of product Files
- CAS: 8016-36-2
- EINECS: 232-474-1
- FEMA: 2816
- Botanical Name: Boswellia serrata
- Description: Colorless to Pale Yellow clear liquid with characteristic, pleasant like Boswellia odour.
- Origin: The essential oil is obtained from the steam distillation of gum resin of boswellia serrata.
- Appearance: Colorless to pale yellow
- Physical Status: Liquid
- Flash Point (Closed cup) °C: 35°C
- Refractive Index: 410 – 1.490 @20°C
- Relative Density: 810 – 0.890 @25°C
- Optical Rotation: +20º to +35º
- Solubility in Alcohol: 1:6 in 90% alcohol.
- Solubility in Water: Insoluble
- Assay by GC: alpha-thujene: 60-75% alpha pinene: 2.5-8%, Sabinene: 2.5-10% Delta-3-carene: 2-6%, Methyl chavicol: 0.5-3.2%
- Shelf Life: 12 months under proper storage conditions.
- Legislation: Natural
- Stability: Avoid strong acids strong bases & all oxidising agents.
- Uses: Flavour and Fragrance Application.