Davana is extracted by the steam distillation of flowers of the Davana plant, botanically known as Artemisia Pallens.
Grown and cultivated in India Davana Oil is used throughout the perfumery and flavour world. The odour is fresh and fruity with hints of vanilla, strawberry and blackcurrant. It can be classed as a medium strength base note in for both flavours and fragrances.
The scent is thought to be comforting and as such offers a relaxing effect when used in aromatherapy.
Davana also has many therapeutic benefits, which include uses as an antidepressant as well its properties offering antiseptic, antiviral and a mild insect repellent benefits.
- Product Details
- Product Enquiry
- List of product Files
- Botanical name: Artemisia Pallens
- Origin: India
- Crop Season: February – April
- Plant/part used: Leaves and flowers
- Method of extraction: Steam distillation
- TSCA CAS: 8016-03-3
- EINECS CAS: 295-155-6
- Appearance: Pale yellow to yellowish brown coloured liquid
- Organoleptic Properties: Fruity, leafy, berry, blackcurrant
- Density: 0.916 – 0.980
- Refractive index: 1.477 – 1.499
- Optical rotation: +34º to +41º
- Chemical constituents: Davanone: min 40%
To ask us a fair quote for this product, please fill the following form:
List of product Files
- GC Profile
- Technical Data Sheet
- Allergen Certificate
- IFRA Certificate